Sunday 12th October 2014
After a day of travelling our I (Sarah - Manager in Crawford Childcare in Glanmire) have reached my final destination for a study visit - Trondheim in Norway! Norway has a reputation for high quality provision of childcare particularly in the areas of outdoors, men in childcare and inclusion. By accepting the placement I have agreed to share my learning through a number of mediums. Hopefully you will enjoy my updates over the week - I'll be sure to keep you posted !
I have been very fortunate in being one of 25 participants selected from across the country by Early Childhood Ireland for a fully funded European mobility programme (VET PRO).Funding for the week long visit is by the European Union through the Irish agency Leargas.
Objectives for Leargas VET PRO include:
- Funding for professional development of trainers within a vocational field - Early Childhood Care and Education.
- To allow the trainers to experience and observe best international practice with the aim of transferring the learning to others.
It is hoped that benefits of the study visit will include:
- Developing new networks nationally and internationally.
- Engagement in reflective practice.
- Connecting theory to practice.
- Improving quality in childcare.
- Continuous Professional Learning and Personal Development.